The Acting Health Secretary of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, Dr Kawu has promptly recovered the Personal Protective Equipment carelessly discarded by one of the undertakers who helped in laying Abba Kyari in the grave.
Earlier on, a viral video circulated of one of the undertakers discarding the PPE outside the burial ground carelessly, to the risk of many especially after handling a COVID-19 casualty.
Dr. Kawu, @OfficialFCTA Acting Health Secrectary is doing everything he can within his powers to ensure the mistake is corrected and the spread is controlled. Listen to this video and RT!!!! Let’s not let the mistake of a few cause problems for us ???????? pic.twitter.com/I99TbXIskY
— Mohammed Jammal (@whitenigerian) April 18, 2020
The video, fortunately, gained traction to the officials of the FCT and they took control of the situation.
In a short snippet, Kawu said he is doing everything within his powers to ensure the mistake is corrected and the spread is controlled.
"I saw the video trending and contacted the public health department. They have taken the PPEs and identified the gentlemen in the cemetery and isolate them so they won't infect other people," Kawu said.
If not for all of you on Twitter, we probably wouldn’t have been able to do all this!!! See how they threw gloves, masks etc in the floor ??????????? Thank you Honorable Minister of @OfficialFCTA @MuhdMusaBello for taking immediate action. pic.twitter.com/Bhf5Bju9uT
— Mohammed Jammal (@whitenigerian) April 18, 2020
The team that went on the retrieval mission found a lot of careless discarded gloves and masks all over the cemetery and appropriately disposed of all of the used items.