Entertainment of Friday, 2 August 2024

Source: www.mynigeria.com

Hunger protest: VeryDarkMan joins Abuja protest, calls out Wike over use of teargas on protesters

VeryDarkMan and Minister, Wike Nysesom VeryDarkMan and Minister, Wike Nysesom

Controversial social media activist Martins Vincent Otse, popularly known as VeryDarkMan, has sparked a buzz online by joining the ongoing hunger protest in Abuja.

Before the nationwide protest began, VeryDarkMan took to the streets of Abuja with placards, criticizing President Tinubu for failing Nigerians, similar to past leaders. His boldness received positive responses from netizens and fellow protesters, while others criticized his actions.

The End Bad Governance in Nigeria protest, which started on August 1 in various regions, is a response to the severe hardship that has intensified since President Bola Tinubu assumed office.

VeryDarkMan, who had previously voiced his support for the protest, finally took to the streets of Abuja on August 2, the second day of the nationwide protest, to express his frustration with bad governance in the country.

In a video shared on his Instagram page, the situation at his location appeared tense as security personnel used teargas on the peaceful protesters who, according to VeryDarkMan, were "just standing."

The celebrity activist also called out Abuja Minister, Nyesom Wike, for ordering the security personnel to use teargas on them.

In the video, he said, "Wike! Wike! This is not the Nigeria we want. We are not fighting anybody, Wike. Is it not our right to protest?"

"See what Wike is doing. We were just standing and singing our song. Wike told them to use teargas. Look at my face, it's crazy. On top of our own right? You cannot beat us and then teach us how to cry. We are suffering."


Watch video below