General News of Sunday, 30 March 2025

Source: www.mynigeria.com

Omokri knocks Obi, El-Rufai's stance on northerners killed in Edo

Reno Omokri and Peter Obi Reno Omokri and Peter Obi

Former presidential aide Reno Omokri has slammed ex-presidential candidate Peter Obi for his statement on the killing of 16 northers in Edo State.

Obi had in a statement condemned the killing of the northers by a mob who claimed they were kidnappers.

In a statement, he called on authorities to investigate the incident and also do something about the kidnappings in the state.

However, Obi's statement angered many northerners who, according to Omokri, had been swayed by former Kaduna governor, Nasir El-Rufai, to believe in him.

Reacting, Omokri wrote, "I hope Mutanen Arewa, who were being manipulated by Nasir el-Rufai to see Peter Obi as the new saviour of the North because of 2027, have seen the way Peter Obi blamed Arewa for the killings of the sixteen Northerners killed in Uromi.

"How can you expect someone who was caught red-handed on a leaked call plotting "religious war" against the Muslim Ummah to support justice for Muslim Northerners?"

9mokri also questioned El-Rufai's silence concerning the jungle justice.

He said, "Meanwhile, has the Nasir el-Rufai himself said anything about the killings? No. He is unconcerned. He only needs your votes in 2027. If some Northerners are killed in Edo, he does not care as long as it will not affect his chances in 2027. Power is all he cares about, not you!"